L3O Interactive y Iceberg Interactive dieron a conocer una nueva actualización gratuita para su título de estrategia 4X Horizon, además de un descuento para el título en Steam.
La actualización ofrece mejoras y ajustes que la comunidad de Horizon había sugerido a la desarrolladora. Se mejoró el manejo de la IA para ataques y el repliegue para defender un sistema, se hizo un rebalance de la economía y relaciones de las razas, y se mejoró la interfaz del Usuario.
Entre las adiciones, está soporte para idioma francés, un nuevo sistema de reacondicionamiento para cambiar más fácilmente el diseño de naves ya existentes. Y por último se agregaron nuevos íconos a la interfaz para distinguir mejor los planetas explorados. La lista completa de los cambios que ofrece la nueva actualización, la pueden encontrar en esta liga.
Para celebrar la actualización, Horizon contará con un 33% de descuento de aquí al 21 de abril en Steam.
ICEBERG INTERACTIVE OFFERS FREE UPDATE TO 4X STRATEGY GAME HORIZON
33% Weeklong Steam Discount and New Batch of Screenshots Accompany Post-Launch Free Update
Haarlem, The Netherlands— April 14, 2014 – Iceberg Interactive and developer L3O Interactive announced today a free update for its classic 4X strategy game Horizon (PC), which launched on Steam early February 2014. The post-launch update includes a number of upgrades designed to make gameplay more challenging and incorporates improvements and tweaks suggested by Horizon’s community. The update coincides with today’s new weeklong deal on Steam, offering the game at a 33% discount. Get a copy of Horizon on Steam HERE: store.steampowered.com/app/236130/
Important Update Notes Include:
- UPDATED: Improved fleet managing A.I. for attacks, or rallying to defend a system
- UPDATED: Rebalanced economy and race relations
- UPDATED: Improved UI
- ADDED: French language now supported
- ADDED: A new refit system is added to more easily change the design of existing ships
- ADDED: New UI icons added making it easier to distinguish surveyed planets
Horizon is a turn-based space-strategy game of galactic exploration and conquest in which players are in control of humanity’s destiny. Explore deep space, find new frontiers and discover the alien artefacts hidden in long-abandoned planets. Players will also learn more about the galaxy as they come into contact with ten other species, each with their own unique culture, history, and schemes.
Horizon’s fully interactive galaxy allows players to navigate open space between stars and planets, patrol borders and, when the need arises, defend one’s territory by engaging in ship to ship tactical combat. Develop new colonies and watch them become galactic centers for trade, industry, and science – and of course military bases, outposts and shipyards to build custom battle ships. Players will push the empire to its limits and go beyond the known horizon!
- Advanced turn-based tactical combat, which many 4X fans have been requesting for years
- Full Tactical ship control includes managing movement, weapons, and more. Board other ships, attack from planetary, and orbital defences
- A distinct open world system, where ships can explore without artificial limits and where combat can span many turns before concluding
- Interact with alien races of different levels, including ancient civilizations featuring their own unique storyline, schemes, ships and technology
- An immersive galaxy storyline with open-ended missions that add another layer of gameplay over classic 4x mode, which is also available
- Engage in meaningful diplomacy choices that will impact the game outcome, includes coordinated actions with your allies against your enemies
- Discover more than 80 technologies each with 10 levels of upgrades Conduct planetary surveys and dig for artifacts
- Players can design and customize their ships’ weapons and systems based on available technology
- A detailed economy and colony management system with different types and levels of colonies based on gamers build choices
- Play in different galaxy configurations from a few dozen stars to over a hundred star systems containing more than a thousand planets