Tras haber entrado hace casi un año en el programa Early Access de Steam, Dungeon of the Endless se prepara para lanzar su versión final en dos semanas.
Dungeon of the Endless llegará el próximo 27 de octubre, ofreciendo nuevas funciones a las encontradas en la versión Early Access, como un diario y álbum para estar al tanto de los marcadores, secretos, y pistas del planeta Auriga. También podrán encontrar nuevos modalidades de juego, y un apartado cooperativo.
El juego mezcla elementos de estrategia 4X encontrados en Endless Space y Endless Legend — los tres están situados en el mismo universo –, con elementos RPG y de calabozo, poniéndolos en un mundo al estilo 2D pero desarrollado con iluminación y gráficos en 3D modernos.
DUNGEON OF THE ENDLESS WILL EMERGE FROM DARKNESS ON STEAM OCTOBER 27
Amplitude Studios’ Upcoming Retro-Styled, Dungeon Defense, RPG-light Rogue-like Beefs Up With New Storylines, Characters, and Four-person Cooperative Play
Paris, France — October 15, 2014 — After a healthy stint on Steam’s Early Access program and “endless” feedback from its dedicated Games2Gether community, the award-winning indie developer Amplitude Studios revealed today that Dungeon of the Endless will be complete and available on Steam Monday, October 27. The quirky, colorful rogue-like dungeon defense game that reared its head on Early Access in December 2013 has reached the final stage of development with integral new features highlighted by a Journal and an Album to track player progress, interweaving storylines between the playable characters, and a four-player cooperative mode.
New features in Dungeon of the Endless include:
- New Spaceships: Players can unlock new spaceships (aka game modes), such as the Sanitary that offers increased difficulty levels of play.
- The Jungle levels: The experience is now complete as the player will be able to go up to the twelfth and final floor before reaching the surface.
- A Journal and an Album: Track your scores with the Journal and follow your game progress in the Album, displaying pictures and hints on the secrets around Auriga and its new visitors.
- Interweaving Storylines: The dungeons aren’t the only things that are endless in Dungeon of the Endless. It offers overlapping and even intimate relationships between characters that are always fun and often surprising.
- Cooperative Multiplayer: For gamers who like to play with others, the two- to four-player cooperative option enables players to strategize best routes, work together to share resources, and team up to kick all sorts of alien butt.
Dungeon of the Endless offers endless, randomly generated dungeons in the framework of a rogue-like game equally balanced with dungeon-defense and RPG elements. Presented with a retro 2D look using modern 3D graphics and lighting, Dungeon of the Endless enables players to equip a team in single-player, and now up to four people in cooperative multiplayer, to gather resources, construct defenses, and explore an infinite number of dungeons in an effort to reach the planet’s surface.
Each time players start a new game, they will experience a totally new, randomly generated map and face countless swarms of alien creatures aiming to kill them and destroy the all-important power crystal that’s gamers’ only hope of survival. Players will collect resources just like those found in Amplitude’s popular 4X strategy games Endless Legend and Endless Space (Dust, Food, Industry, and Science), using them strategically to map a course of escape and equip themselves and their allies before ascending to the next level of the dungeon. If all goes right, they’ll even reach the surface and see the light of another day.